Werid roku app? (the reason i started this blog)

The reason I set up this blog is becasue I'm gonna be using it to document my findings with a werid roku channel i found.


The icon for it was completely blank and it had no description or title as if it hadn't finished loading. It just sorta popped up on my tv for some reason. So out of pure curiousity i clicked and it dear god the amount of nostalgia i felt...


I know i asked this already but does anyone remember this werid kids show called Candle Cove? It's sort of an urban legend. If i'm not mistaken, it aired for a few months back in 1971 and then went off the air thanks to some incident. I think it was Channel 58's first original programming too. Not sure why they canned it. I watched reruns of it in like 2009. I think it was about a girl or something who imagined to be friends with pirates and it was really werid and low budget.


Her name was Janice or Jade or something. And there was Pirate Percy and that werid talking pirate ship with the ed wynn voice, whatever it was called. I think it was my fav charavter at the time too??? I thiught he was so awesome, i drew him all the time.


And then there was the villiam, the Skintaker or whatever his name was, dear lord. I'd see him and i'd start screaming for mom to tirn the tv off


That isnt why i'm documenting here though.


The werid tv channel was AIRING IT 24/7. And there was a huge difference in budget between the episodes too so i think there were multiple seasons???



Yea it was in this aspect ratio for most of the episodes. I'm gonna assume that the higher budget looking ones were from season 2, maybe because they had funding from channel 58???


Dunno why most of the season 2 episodes have that Syfy watermark in the corner...maybe because they own the rights too the show now???



It was accessesable on the living room tv too


They've been rerunning Season 2 a lot lately, hence as to why Janice isn't there and why the puppets are higher budget. If I recall correctly, Season 2 was when they shifted away from having Janice as a plot point/protagonist.



This was the only pic I could find of her in Season 2. Dunno why she's live-action instead of the puppet form they usually portray her as, so maybe this was a one-off thing they tried.


they do rerun season 1 though so im gonna upload some footage later but yeah thats not even the weridest thing that happened


Comments

Popular

Candle Cove season 1 tv spot (the scratching is back too)

Candle Cove pilot (“Welcome To Our Happy Ship!” S1 E1) on Cove Corner

What happened today